Inversions, Climbing and Hanging Around
[Keating stands on his desk]
John Keating: Why do I stand up here? Anybody?
Dalton: To feel taller!
John Keating: No!
[Dings a bell with his foot]
John Keating: Thank you for playing Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.
–Dead Poet’s Society, 1989
Maybe you just need to change how you see the world by changing where you see it from. Give one of these ideas a try:
- Take a yoga class and practice headstands, handstands and inversions.
- Try out the climbing gym or an outdoor rock climbing class.
- Climb a tree.
- Play on the monkey bars at the playground.
- Hang from your knees on the Smith Machine at the gym.
- Do some crunches on the inversion bench.
- Find an AcroYoga or AntiGravity Yoga class.
- Get a TRX Suspension Trainer.
- Talk your honey into testing out those new positions on that app you downloaded on your Android or iPhone.
- Swing on that pole.
- Dust off those gravity boots in the attic, closet, under the bed.
- Fly on a trapeze.
Getting more blood to your brain could help too.